The Village of Orland Park's Clerk's Office is an authorized U.S. passport acceptance facility. 

Appointments are required to apply for a U.S. passport.

This applies to first time applicants or those who are previously issued a five (5) year passport. If you were previously issued a ten (10) year passport and it has expired within the last five (5) years, please see the renewal section. 

Please call (708) 403-6150 to make an appointment between the hours of 11:00am and 2:30pm on weekdays. The Village is closed on the weekends.

Passport Photos:
Passport pictures are NOT taken at this location.

Children applying for a passport who are under 16 years of age, must be accompanied by both parents. Visit the U.S. Department of State website for more information.

You are required to bring the following items at time of appointment:
  • Original or certified copy of birth certificate that lists both parents names on it, or a naturalization certificate
  • Photo identification (original ID and photocopy of each ID)
    • Photocopy must be on white, 8.5'' x 11" standard paper, black and white, and single sided.
    • Do not decrease the image size (although you may enlarge it).
  • If child is under 16, both parents will present their identification
  • If 16 years of age, one parent will present their identification in addition to applicant's identification
  • One passport photo
  • Check for payment (we do not accept cash or credit card)

Photo Identified Accepted:
Primary Photo IDs (submit one):
  • Valid or expired, undamaged U.S. passport book or passport card 
  • In-state, fully valid driver's license or enhanced driver's license with photo
  • Certificate of Naturalization 
  • Certificate of Citizenship 
  • Government employee ID (city, county, state, or federal)
  • U.S. military or military dependent ID
  • Current (valid) foreign passport
  • Matricula Consular (Mexican Consular ID) - commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant
  • U.S. Permanent Resident Card (Green Card) - commonly used by a parent of a U.S. citizen child applicant
  • Trusted Traveler IDs (including valid Global Entry, FAST, SENTRI, and NEXUS cards)
  • Enhanced Tribal Cards and Native American tribal photo IDs
  • Other documents: In-state, fully valid learner's permit with photo, In-state, fully valid non-driver ID with photo, and temporary driver's license with photo. Note: you may be asked to present an additional ID when presenting one of these 3 documents. 
Secondary IDs (submit at least two from the list below)
  • Out-of-state driver's license or enhanced driver's license with photo
  • Learner's or temporary driver's permit (without a photo)
  • In-state, fully valid non-driver ID (without a photo)
  • Out-of-state, non-driver ID
  • Temporary driver's license (without a photo)
  • Social Security card
  • Voter registration card
  • Employee work ID
  • Student ID
  • School yearbook with identifiable photograph
  • Selective Service (draft) card
  • Medicare or other health card
  • Expired driver's license 
  • Form DS-71, for an Identifying Witness (only available at your local Acceptance Facility or a Passport Agency). 

Application Fees and Execution Fees are paid separately. Two (2) separate checks / money orders are required for payment.

Adult First-Time Applicants (16 and Older)
Product Form Application Fee Payable to Expedited Service
Passport Book Form DS-11 $110 U.S. Department of State $60 (added to check payable to U.S. Department of State)
    $35 Village of Orland Park  
Child Applicants (Under 16)
Product Form Application Fee Payable to Execution (Acceptance) Fee
Passport Book Form DS-11 $80 U.S. Department of State $60 (added to check payable to U.S. Department of State)
    $35 Village of Orland Park  

Routine Service Expedited Service
4-6 weeks 3 weeks + additional fees



Adult passport renewals are done on your own. A DS-82 application is needed to renew your passport. This renewal application is available at the Clerk's Office or it can easily be downloaded by visiting the U.S. Department of State "Renew a Passport by Mail" area on their website.

If you had a ten (10) year ADULT passport and it has expired, you will need to complete the DS-82 application and mail it in with a new photo, your old passport and a check for $110.00, made out to the "U.S. Department of State".

If you had a five (5) year CHILD passport and it has expired, it is not considered a renewal and an appointment must be made to apply in person for a new passport.

Non Refundable Fees
The passport application fee and the execution fee are non-refundable. They are collected and retained by law even if a passport is not issued.

Service Commitment
Our expedited service commitment is to process your passport application within 8 business days from the time your application is received by the Village of Orland Park Clerk's Office. This means you should receive your passport or denial letter within 2-3 weeks door-to-door if expedited service was initially requested. To find out if you may be eligible for a refund of the expedite fee visit the U.S. Department of State refund page.
** Appointments are Required to apply for a U.S. passport **

Please Call (708) 403-6150 to Schedule Your Appointment
DS-11: Application for a U.S. Passport

DS-82: U.S. Passport Renewal Application for Eligible Individuals (By Mail)