When remodeling your basement a permit is required. You will also need two sets of drawings showing the following:
- Wall Construction (lumber, spacing, drywall, etc.)
- Layout of basement showing location of partitions, furnace, windows, etc.
- Identification of all rooms (bedrooms, office, laundry room, etc.)
- Electrical layout (outlets, lighting, etc.)
- Bathroom layout and venting (if applicable)
For additional information on permits or construction requirements please see the basement remodel permit package
A rough inspection is required before drywall is installed and a final inspection is necessary when work is complete. Final inspections are required and owners must submit an inspection request
. Request are not taken over the phone.