It is best to contact the Development Services Department as early as possible in your planning process. Any information that you share with staff will be kept confidential until you actually formally apply for permits/approvals. We realize that confidentiality is very important in a competitive business and real estate climate and we will not violate your trust.
A typical development process should generally follow these steps:
- Familiarize yourself with Village regulations and approval processes.
- Contact the Development Services’ Department to set up a concept meeting with staff to discuss your project and verify approval requirements and timelines.
- Prepare detailed plans.
- Submit planning petition and preliminary engineering plans for review and formal approval.
- Submit final engineering plans and building plans for review and approval.
- If applicable, establish appropriate letter of credit.
- After all permits are approved begin construction.
As you prepare your project, please remember that it is easier for the Village to respond quickly and with accurate information to a well-thought-out plan. The more details that you can provide will help us ensure that you get complete answers and good directions from the beginning. Projects are not reviewed or entered into the approval process until all of the required information is provided.