14700 S. Ravinia Avenue
Ph: (708) 403-6155
Fx: (708) 349-4859
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Monday - Friday
Paul Grimes was appointed Village Manager in June, 2008, bringing experience from both the public and private sectors.
Prior to joining Orland Park, Grimes held the position of Business Development Executive with United Healthcare in Warwick, Rhode Island. Before entering the private sector, Grimes served four years as Director of Administration for the City of Cranston, Rhode Island. With Cranston, he worked closely with elected officials and department heads to decrease an $11 million deficit, improve the city’s bond rating and reduce the property tax burden on residents.
Following the policy direction of the Orland Park Board of Trustees, Grimes is focusing on the following village issues:
- Transportation: Keeping the village prepared for the growth of the community requires infrastructure to support it.
- Main Street Area: Achieving the village’s vision for its downtown community.
- Finance/Budgeting: Maintaining and building on Orland Park’s strong reputation for conservative budgeting and prudent use of taxpayer dollars.
- Progressive Management: Bringing progressive, market-based approaches to the delivery of public services, where possible, and working in partnership with the private sector in finding solutions to public sector challenges.
- Customer Service: Providing the optimum in municipal services for those who choose Orland Park as the ideal place in which to live and raise a family.
Paul Grimes holds a Master of Public Administration Degree from Indiana University with a Bachelor of Arts Degree in Political Science from Purdue University. As village manager, he oversees the daily operations of the village and its six municipal departments