Carnivals & Circuses
Carnivals and Circuses are permitted in any district per Village of Orland Park Land Development Code, Article 6, Part 3, Section 6-304-C.3
, with the following requirements and restrictions.
- Such use is required to obtain the prior approval of the Village Manager.
- Click here for a link to the required Special Events permit information.
- The maximum length of the permit shall be fifteen (15) days.
- No such structure shall be located within three hundred feet (300’) of any residential structure. Such use need not comply with the height or setback requirements of Section 6-301 of the Land Development Code, except that structures or equipment shall not be located within the sight triangle as provided in Section 6-301 of the Land Development Code.
- The person responsible for the operation of any such carnival or circus shall provide the Village Manager in advance of the event date with the information required. Call (708) 403-6145 for a Special Events permit application and complete details.
- A $90.00 inspection fee shall be charged for each type of inspection performed by the Village, including Health inspections, during normal working hours. After hours and weekend inspections are $200 each.
- License fees for carnivals and circuses are $150 per day. (Village of Orland Park, Village Code, Title 7, Chapter 2, Section 7-2-3 – Schedule A)
- Final inspections are required before opening. Health inspections may be required on a daily basis.