When applying for new detached garage permits, the following are required at the time of application:
Two (2) sets of drawings to include:
- Dimensional floor plan, showing location of service doors, windows, headers, location of Electrical receptacles, etc.
- Layout of rafters and direction and span of rafters or trusses
- Height measurement from the peak of the garage to the average perimeter grade
- Plat of survey showing the location of the new detached garage with setbacks from side and rear property lines and the location of any additional driveway work to be done
- Completed building, zoning and electrical permits for the garage
- Separate driveway permit if additional driveway surface is required
- Separate demolition permit if there is an existing detached garage to be removed.
Note: A detailed grading plan may be required if requested by Engineering after their visual on-site inspection.
For a copy of our Detached Garage Handout, click here
Permit Fees – Village Code, Title 5, Chapter 2
- Final Inspection of demolition of existing garage, if applicable.
- Rough Inspections – framing & electrical, before drywall is installed.
- Pre-pour Inspection – for driveway, if applicable.
- Final Inspection – framing & electrical, upon completion of work.
Please submit inspection request
. Inspection requests are not taken over the phone. Requests for inspections must be made a minimum of 24 hours in advance.