Per Village of Orland Park Land Development Code, Section 6-302-C.16
, the following regulations apply:
- Mailboxes may be permitted in any front and side setbacks.
- Mailboxes damaged beyond repair by Village personnel or their agents in the performance of their duty shall be replaced by a standard 4 x 4 wood post and support and a standard metal type mailbox, model type 1C.
- Structures shall be no greater than 54" in height, 34" in width (parallel to the street), or 24" in depth.
- No mailbox structure base can be closer than 12" to the back of curb for the first 36" above grade.
- No mailbox or mailbox structure shall be permitted to contain any electrical or plumbing.
- Mailboxes shall be used only for the purposes of mail delivery.
- The bottom of the mailbox shall be 40" - 44" above the grade. The front of the mailbox shall be even with the back of curb.
Permits are not required.
Contact Public Works for any damage to mailboxes by snow plows. (708) 403-6350.