How can you help preserve open space?
- Make a tax-deductible financial contribution to the Open Lands of Orland Park Fund.
- If you own property and wish to continue ownership, consider a nature preserve dedication, long-term lease, conservation easements, or covenants. These may result in reduced property taxes.
- If you own property and wish to transfer the deed, consider an outright donation, donation by devise, life estate, bargain sale, or installment sale.
- Write letters to the Cook County Forest Preserve Board of Commissioners at: Chairman, Cook County Board, 118 North Clark Street, Chicago, IL 60602 Tell them that you want land acquisition to be made a top priority as their predecessors did.
- You can improve the natural quality of your own property by planting native prairie plants and trees.
For More Information
Development Services Department
Village of Orland Park
14700 Ravinia Avenue
Orland Park, IL 60462